The Pebble
A pebble in the sand
is all I am
while the rocks around me
make their stand
they change the earth
beneath their feet
they push me ‘round
as I stand my ground
but a pebble can't choose
its next move
while sturdy rocks
put him in a lock
I can’t decide
on which road I ride
while all my rocks
push me back to my spot
The Human Song
A river
of crystal clear
Flowing with a quiet sound
A rain drop
on a wooden pier
crashing softly on the ground
A bird
a beak of spears
its song, with tune, it resounds
music
flowing with a cheery sound
beating steadily on the ground
its noise, with voice, it resounds
Nature’s music
amongst us all
drowned in the songs
from our machines
A Future
A future they say
should be in our views
Yet this tall tale they tell
was not their virtue
Because left in our focus
in the land we dwell
is something atrocious
An earth not green
A sky not blue
The high mountains are bare
with no snow anywhere
A future they say
should be in our views
while they continue to drain
our worlds life revenue
I LOVE your second one! The abrupt, non-rhyming ending really has a huge impact because it contrasts from the flowing, melodic words before it. I also really like its structure, groupings of three lines at the beginning.
ReplyDeletenice work! each one of these poems has a separate thought that is both intriguing and well versed! i especially like the first one because the end of it was really interesting, about not being able to moves because the rocks are holding you there.
ReplyDeleteI loved the way you compare yourself to a pebble, and the similarities you make between yourself and the pebble. Also, I really loved the poem "A Future" because of the way you describe the situation and the words that you used.
ReplyDeleteThese are some amazing poems man! I really like how each is a short burst of well versed connections on very important topics. I especially liked "The Human Song" and "The Future" in their connection with the necessity for conserving our Earth. Good stuff.
ReplyDelete