Race of a lifetime
The sun
beating on your face
the sweat
dripping
the lactic acid
building up in your legs
your heart pounds
as if it were a million beats a minute
the competition coming up
trying to not let them catch you
pushing yourself
until your breaking point
to get to the line
the line that as soon as you see it
you get a smile on your face
the feeling of accomplishment
knowing you did the best you could
I really like this poem, Sam! I especially like the part about the lactic acid building up in your legs
ReplyDeleteNice poem! I liked your detail , because it helps to get the emotions that author is trying to portray.
ReplyDeleteI really like how clearly you depicted what a track race is like and how the feeling of accomplishment is worth it at the end.
ReplyDeleteI like the detail and the lack of punctuation, it puts more emphasis on each line. The poem is somewhat of an ongoing sentence but also there is clear structure and breathing breaks which makes it flow better. I also love the detail and the picture you can really paint in your mind as you read the poem, well done.
ReplyDeleteI love how you played with the structure by having one large stanza then separating the last line to emphasize it. Also, great job depicting this imagery that I was easily able to visualize in my head.
ReplyDelete