Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Practicing Eternity



Practicing Eternity


Stop thinking;
Stop trying to control.
Act with no expectations.
Let yourself be empty.
Formless and perfect:
It is serene.

Let things go their own way.
Give yourself up to whatever the moment brings.
Change is eternally present.

Resistance; how ridiculous!
Rushing into action you fail.
Whoever is stiff and inflexible
Is a disciple of death.
The soft and supple will prevail.

Let go of fixed plans and concepts,
And the universe will sing.
This is called practicing eternity.


4 comments:

  1. I really liked this poem, it flows really nicely. I also enjoyed the pictures they are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words you used sound really good together. The poem also looks good visually with the images you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your last two stanzas especially. I like how they speak about being flexible, and I like the figurative language that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the personification that you used. It really adds to the effect of your poem.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.