Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Nature of the Tao



The Nature of the Tao

"The path into the light seems dark,
the path forwards seems to go back,
the direct path seems long"

The Tao lights the path,
The Tao’s current nudges you forward,
The Tao’s energy pulls you to peace.

If you consciously seek the Tao and
The peace will be one step behind,
but never perfectly in step with you.

Forget the Tao and
The light will tap your shoulder
And ask where you are going.

The Tao accompanies the oblivious
And pities pursuers.




6 comments:

  1. Your poem was very well written and thought out! I love the theme of your poem as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. the message your poem sends is very inspiring and interesting. I liked the reference to yin and yang with the dark and the light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem has a really nice, positive message, and I like how you incorporated the Tao in the second stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really beautiful and well written, and it conveys a strong message about the Tao

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how it relates nicely to a chapter of the Tao that I cannot recall at the moment. It has a very strong meaning and poetic twist to the idea that the Tao cannot be sought after directly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the subtle hints of the two tapping on your shouldar

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.